Now It's Personal

http://www.about.me/keithspiro


The final piece of the puzzle is now in place. I’ve been writing about the promise of liquid biopsy in cancer detection and treatment for several months and specifically about Circulating Tumor Cell (CTC) research being done at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) by Dr. Daniel Haber, Director of the MGH Cancer Center.  On Thursday, I met Dr. Haber to discuss his research, and now I am even more determined and excited to support his work.
Though the National Foundation for Cancer Research (NFCR) has supported Dr. Haber’s research since 2004, I had never personally met him.  NFCR support had helped lead to a $30 million strategic relationship with Johnson & Johnson to commercialize his CTC Chip, so I was obviously impressed by his work.  But because I have a personal mantra that “It’s about relationships”, it was important for me to meet Dr. Haber to solidify my commitment to raising funds to support his research. So let me tell you that I am equally impressed with Daniel Haber the man.  He is passionate about his work, committed to helping save lives, and he is also a really kind, humble, personable man. So I can represent that the funds we will raise to support his work will go to a man that all of us can embrace as sincere and committed to the same cause we all support – early detection and targeted treatment of cancer.
I’ve previously written that I love my work at NFCR because we invest in people. It’s not just the about the research – there are real people doing this important work, and I want donors to know about them.  Daniel Haber is the Director of one of the best cancer centers in the world.  He also has a laboratory in Charlestown, MA that does cutting edge cancer research.  His lab is doing research that can lead to earlier detection, and deliver more targeted treatment to cancer patients. As a cancer survivor, I can find no better research to support right now than the work of Dr. Daniel Haber.  It is about relationships - with my family, friends, donors, colleagues, strategic partners, and yes, researchers like Daniel Haber.  #DanHaberProject

Please join my personal community at https://www.carii.com/#/NationalFoundationforCancerResearch/stream


Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Community: The White Ribbon Project

Online Cancer Communities and Serendipity

Meet Ellen Skala: Super Advocate